Underutilization of proper tools is a common plague on efficiency within manufacturing companies. While a leader, like an experienced engineer, understands the impact of getting the most value out of the software they use, it’s not always obvious. The most common way to solve this issue of underutilization is by harnessing the power of automation.
After all, according to the Harvard Business Review, automation is a key component for driving business growth and internal collaboration:
“Automation reduces the repetitive and monotonous tasks humans have to do by relegating those tasks to software, which usually means a better experience for customers, reduced error rates, improved compliance, and lower stress for teams.”
Forbes even argues that the most efficient manufacturing companies are embracing digital transformation – including digital integration solutions, AI, and, of course, automation.
But despite these realities, engineers at industrial manufacturing companies often don’t fully grasp the full potential of their tools – especially tools for engineering document management. And that’s hardly their fault. It’s simply human nature. Despite carrying computers around in our pockets, we hardly use every feature our smart phone has to offer – even though those features could make our lives easier.
If you’re ready to stop letting underutilization hurt your potential, read on. We address the top questions engineers ask our team about how to modernize their document management support.
Question #1: What Can Autodesk Vault® Really Do for Me?
Autodesk Vault, the go-to product data management solution for engineers, is an essential asset for creating products in discrete manufacturing. It offers a wide array of features designed to streamline your processes, eliminate inefficiencies, and improve collaboration.
But what can Autodesk Vault really do for you? Well, let’s take a look.
- Automated Plotting: Keeping your documents up-to-date is crucial. Autodesk Vault streamlines this process with automatic plotting, ensuring that every team member is working with the latest information.
- Backup Capabilities: It’s no secret that data security is vital. Hagerman’s document management support includes robust backup solutions, safeguarding your data from unexpected losses.
- Managing Product Lifecycles: Efficiently managing product lifecycles is a critical aspect of engineering, and Autodesk Vault assists in tracking changes, version control, and lifecycle management.
- Streamlined Migration: Switching from your current document management system to Autodesk Vault is made more manageable with automated migration tools, minimizing disruptions in your workflow.
- Project Management Integration: The integration of Autodesk Vault with your project management tools ensures that your project information is always available.
- Property Management: Managing properties of your documents is made easier with Autodesk Vault, helping you organize data.
- Quality and Validation Processes: Autodesk Vault ensures that your product quality and validation processes remain systematic and organized.
By automating processes and connecting your technology, Hagerman helps you get the most out of this powerful tool.
Question #2: How Do I Assess My Current Document Management Environment?
In order to tap into the full potential of Autodesk Vault or Autodesk Docs®, take a moment to evaluate your current document management system. Here’s the process for auditing:
- Take a Holistic Look at Your Current Setup: Identify the platforms and tools you currently use to manage documents. Where does your data reside and who has access to it?
- Data Mapping: Create a map of your data. Determine who needs access to which documents and how this information flows through your organization.
- Workflow Analysis: Understand the workflow within your organization, from the initiation of a project to its completion. What are the different stages involved, and how are documents managed throughout?
- Collaborative Requirements: Explore your requirements for collaboration within and outside your manufacturing operations. What features and tools do you need for team-driven workflows?
These steps will provide a clear picture of your current document management environment, and you’ll have a sense of how to configure Autodesk Vault or Autodesk Docs to match your organization’s needs.
By evaluating ahead of time, you’ll be able to utilize these tools to their maximum potential.
Question #3: Are There Any Online Trainings I Can Reference?
The short answer is yes, absolutely. There is a plethora of online training materials available to help engineers of any skill level enhance your understanding of engineering document management.
Hagerman offers a wide range of training resources tailored to different engineering document management platforms, including Autodesk Vault, Autodesk Docs, and more.
Browse by your industry:
Don’t wait to run into urgent operational issues that need solving before you’re ready to react. Instead, be proactive and think ahead. Our online resources offer a deeper understanding of these platforms that you can explore at your own pace, helping you stay at the forefront of your field.
Take advantage of these training opportunities to improve your proficiency and maximize the benefits of Autodesk Vault, Autodesk Docs, and other platforms.
Question #4: How Can Document Management Support & Training Help My Engineers Around the World?
Productive workflows and efficiency are concepts that know no borders. Hagerman’s document management training and support is ready to assist your engineers no matter where they are located. It doesn’t matter if you’re working together on the factory floor or on the other side of the globe, our tools and expertise help streamline collaboration.
With our document management support and training services, you can focus on the following:
- Optimize processes and make the most of your chosen software tools, such as Inventor®, Autodesk Docs, Autodesk Vault, and Meridian.
- Enable your global engineering teams to work together more effectively.
- Overcome common roadblocks and bottlenecks to shepherd a more interconnected future of work.
As an engineer, you understand the importance of systems and efficiency. Even if you feel like you’re starting from scratch, know that everyone needs to start from somewhere. If it feels like your team could be more efficient, then there’s a strong chance it can be. Recognize your technical gaps, and put care into actionable steps with Hagerman now to save headaches later.
Learn what to expect with our document management consulting services in this article!
Question #5: How Does Autodesk Vault Prepare Engineers for the Future?
The future of engineering promises innovative solutions, increased sustainability, and more complex projects. To meet these expectations, engineers must embrace technologies that streamline operations while keeping data secure.
Autodesk Vault might seem like a simple document management system at first, but when you use its full potential, it’s easy to see why it’s a vital part of the future of engineering:
- It streamlines collaboration
- It meets modern data security and compliance needs
- Helps engineers make rapid decisions
Unified systems provide a strong foundation for operational success. Are your engineering teams ready to up their knowledge?
Modern Document Management Support & Systems are Pillars of Engineering Success
At Hagerman, we truly believe that efficient document management is crucial for successful engineering. It minimizes disruptions, and your engineers work within a system that’s prompt and reliable.
And when you understand the full possibilities of Autodesk Vault and Autodesk Docs, your engineering teams can focus on what they do best – eliminating the clutter while pushing towards the future.
For engineers looking to harness the full power of their tools, Hagerman offers best-in-class software support services to make your projects more efficient, productive, and profitable. After our document management implementation process is over, Hagerman helps you break down operational silos and embrace the future.
We’re here to provide the answers. Learn how Hagerman can help resolve your document management problems and build a better, more efficient future.